VeChain (VEN) is a leading global blockchain platform for products and information. In the past two years, VeChain has accumulated a great amount of experience in providing blockchain solutions to various industries including liquor, auto, luxury goods, retail, logistics, supply chain, etc. The vision of VeChain is to build a trust-free and distributed business ecosystem based on Blockchain technology that is self-circulated and expanding.
2. Participants in VeChain Ecosystem
- Enterprise Organization: provides products and services to end-users.
- Application Service Provider: provides service and solutions developed based on VeChain for all users.
- Smart Contract Service Provider: develop customized VeChain smart contracts for enterprises to facilitate the development and adoption of VeChain applications.
- VeChain Network Node Provider: maintain and ensure a certain number of nodes to protect the overall network security.
- VeChain Foundation: responsible for the establishment of the bockchain network, technological research and development, upgrade and maintenance, and other basic technical services.
- End-user: investors and users of the VeChain, sharing the potential profits of the exosystem.
3. Use Cases
- Fashion & Luxury: VeChain provides services for a well-known European luxury brand. By putting IoT encrypted chips that are based on Blockchain technology into products customers can identify the authenticity of the products and make a statement of the product’s digital ownership at the mobile end.
- Liquor: The liiquor tracking platform built for D.I.G. can track the liquor products from wineries overseas. Customers can verify and review the authenticity and logistical information of liquor products using VeChain App.
- Auto: VeChain, together with strategic partner Visco and Microsoft implemented a POC project for Renault to provide digital car maintenance book and green driving concept.
- Supply Chain: VeChain provides BaaS service for global freight forwarder KUEHNE+ NAGEL. Besides, VeChain partnered with DNV GL to provide Supply Chain Assurance Service for various industries.
- Agriculture: VeChain cooperates with PwC, China Unicom and Liaoning Academy of Agricultural Sciences to develop the blockchain cloud that is exclusive for the verification of the green organic food products.
4. Useful Links
- Website: https://www.vechain.com/
- Whitepaper: https://cdn.vechain.com/vechain_ico_ideas_of_development_en.pdf
- Contract Address: 0xd850942ef8811f2a866692a623011bde52a462c1
- Explorer: https://etherscan.io/address/0xd850942ef8811f2a866692a623011bde52a462c1