Golem is a global, open-source, decentralized supercomputer that anyone can access. It is made up of the combined power of users’ machines, from PCs to entire data centers. Golem is capable of computing a wide variety of tasks, from CGI rendering, through machine learning to scientific computing. Golem’s limitations are only defined by our developer community’s creativity. Golem creates a decentralized sharing economy of computing power and supplies software developers with a flexible, reliable and cheap source of computing power.
Golem enables users and applications (requestors) to rent out cycles of other users’ (providers) machines. Any user ranging from a single PC owner to a large data center can share resources through Golem and get paid in GNT (Golem Network Tokens) by requestors. Golem utilizes an Ethereum-based transaction system to settle payments between providers, requestors and software developers. All computations take place in sandbox environments and are fully isolated from the host’s system. Software developers are in the center of Golem’s ecosystem: Our Application Registry and Transaction Framework enable anyone to deploy, distribute and monetize applications in the Golem network.
2. Issue Details
- Issue Date: November 11, 2016
- Issue Price: 0.010000 USD
- Max Supply: 1,000,000,000 GNT
- Circulating Supply: 834,262,000 GNT
3. Useful Links
- Website: https://golem.network/
- Whitepaper: https://golem.network/crowdfunding/Golemwhitepaper.pdf
- Contract Address: 0xa74476443119A942dE498590Fe1f2454d7D4aC0d
- Explorer: https://etherscan.io/address/0xa74476443119A942dE498590Fe1f2454d7D4aC0d