1. Project Introduction
Matic Network is a Layer 2 scaling solution that achieves scale by utilizing sidechains for off-chain computation while ensuring asset security using the Plasma framework and a decentralized network of Proof-of-Stake (PoS) validators. Matic aims to be the de-facto platform on which developers will deploy and run decentralized applications in a secure and decentralized manner.
Matic Network has been a significant contributor to the Ethereum ecosystem having worked on implementations of Plasma MVP (Minimum Viable Plasma), WalletConnect protocol and the popular Ethereum event notification engine - Dagger.
Matic intends to provide Matic wallet, payment APIs and SDKs, products and other enabling solutions that will allow developers to design, implement and migrate DApps built on base platforms like Ethereum. Matic plans to support other blockchains in the future which will enable it to provide interoperability features alongside offering scalability to existing public blockchains.
Key things Matic wants to do:
- Solve scalability by providing Layer 2 solutions
- Application platform for DApp developers on Matic (Like Stripe for DApps/payments)
- Provide assets interoperability for DEXs like 0xprotocol and other DApps
- Better UX/UI for mass adoption while having better security and scalability
2. Token Info
- Token Symbol: MATIC
- Total Supply: 10,000,000,000
- Circulating Supply: 3,100,000,000
- Issue Date: April 24, 2019
- Issue Price: 0.002630 USD
- Consensus Protocol: Plasma, PoS
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://matic.network/
- Whitepaper: https://whitepaper.matic.network/#whitepaper
- GitHub: https://github.com/maticnetwork/
- Smart Contract Address: 0x7D1AfA7B718fb893dB30A3aBc0Cfc608AaCfeBB0
- Explorer: https://etherscan.io/token/0x7D1AfA7B718fb893dB30A3aBc0Cfc608AaCfeBB0
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/maticnetwork
- Telegram: https://t.me/maticnetwork
Article is closed for comments.